This past weekend was rather busy and hectic! Brian worked the trauma shift on Saturday, which means he was there from 5am on Saturday until 10am on Sunday. So, my boys and I set out for an adventurous day! I drug them to the quilt shop to get my free "Month of the Block" and they even sat thru a 20 min presentation. I was so proud of them, although the snacks and bears (Jacob has found them scattered throughout the store) made a big difference. We headed home for some mommy time, lunch, naps and then off to Killeen to get Jacob's summer wardrobe at Children's Place and Old Navy. That didn't go so well as Caleb has decided that pulling hair is fun and Jacob is a worthy victim. He must remember all those times Jacob randomly smacked Caleb in the head with his matchbox cars! ;-) Also went to Motherhood Maternity and bought some more depressingly huge pants and a girdle to help support my belly. That evening I had done too much and was in a lot of pain, so I wore the girdle and it really seemed to relieve some of the pressure. Once we got home, we headed to church for their Mardi Gras Party and enjoyed the children's parade (boys rode in their wagon), some good Cajun food, music and fun! It was a good time but by the time we got home at 8:30pm it was all I could do to get them in bed!
Sunday was spent at church and with Brian. We sat in the 2nd row at church and I am amazed at how well the boys do! Jacob is fascinated with the alter servers and the Eucharist....maybe one of my children will end up serving God in the priesthood, but that is up to God and the child! Caleb already says Jesus and Mary and can point to them at church. Caleb took his money up before communion and insisted on giving it to Fr. Don. He just stood at the bottom of the altar, held it up and waited for Fr. Don to come down and get it rather than placing it in the basket that the altar server was holding. It was pretty cute and our priest really seems to enjoy the children! I enjoy teaching them things about our faith and try to make mass as fun as possible for a 2 and 1 year old! Jacob has gone 1 week plus without a single accident on the potty, we are so proud of him. Even long trips in the car don't seem to phase him and he usually holds it until we get home. I never knew how freeing that could be. Valentine's Day was just me and my boys and I couldn't imagine a better way to spend it. Brian and I have been married almost 5 1/2 years and we have never been happier, not that we don't have our moments, but I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. I love you dearly Brian!
We are working on Jacob and Daddy having more bonding time together. Jacob is very much a mommy's boy and doesn't want Daddy to brush his teeth, get him in and out of his carseat, pour his milk, etc. I have tried to do more "preventative parenting" by preparing Jacob for what Daddy will do which he seems receptive to. We are also trying to find activities that just Jacob and Daddy can do that are fun and create a positive relationship between the two of them. Brian gets frustrated and rightfully so that he is never good enough for the boys, they always want me. But, in their defense, I take care of them 90% of the time. So finding a healthy balance has always been a struggle, but I believe the more fun Jacob has with Brian, the more he will want to do with him! He is already responding to it all, so I think we are headed in the right direction.
I have attached a few pictures of my favorite Valentines! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment