I never thought little boys in underwear were very cute, but when it is my own, I think it is adorable and I'm so proud of him!!!!
I can officially say that Jacob is potty trained! We have made several attempts, starting back in June 2009 (25 months), September 2009 (29 months) and January 2010(32 months) and now at 33 months old, he is potty trained! I have always tried the "Potty Train in a Day" method but it never worked. Well, it obviously planted a seed in his brain, because he woke up on Sunday, February 7th and asked to wear underwear. My parents had initiated it on Friday the 5th and he successfully wore underwear that afternoon without any accidents. On Saturday, we headed to San Antonio for a day trip to the Rodeo, so I wasn't about to test him then. When he asked Sunday morning, we put him in underwear and he hasn't looked back since. He has gone 3 1/2 days now without any accidents and has even pooped in the toilet twice! The other times he poops is right after nap or night time before I get his underwear on. I am SO proud of him and amazed that this whole process was SO easy! I think that God knew I needed this right now!
The previous week, Jacob started asking to take baths and finally after almost 3 years, didn't cry and seemed to enjoy bath time. He did cry when we washed his hair, but other than that, he had so much fun with Caleb. He has asked night after night to take a bath so it looks like we have 0vercome that obstacle. He also ate his first peanut butter and jelly sandwich at the Rodeo....he has always refused and then ate another one today for lunch! Yeah....my little boy is growing up! I am sad yet thankful because as this third child kicks and makes its presence known, I am reminded of how much I will need Jacob to be a big boy come May! Some days seem so long and difficult and yet life goes so fast and I step back and wonder where all the time went....and how I survived! Each day and month get better and better!



No comments:
Post a Comment