Jacob: Jacob is now 33 months old. I am in denial that he will soon be 3. People in public ask all the time and think he is at least 3 years old because of how well he talks, but he politely reminds them that he is only 2. He just started to be able to do it with his fingers and is quite proud when he can hold up 2 fingers! Jacob loves books as well and we do a lot of reading. Last night he was reading "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" to himself and almost repeating it verbatim. It is a good reminder to me of what a little sponge he is and how careful I have to be about what I say and how I say it! He loves his legos, Imaginext toys (ship, firestation and helicopter), airplanes and puzzles. He enjoys imaginative play such as being a firefighter or buzz lightyear. If anyone is doing something they shouldn't be, he will remind them that the police officer says they can't do that. I told him that about seat belts and somehow that has been translated that a police officer regulates all rules. Jacob has really become such a good boy. He obeys me quite well, sits thru church very patiently, follows multiple-step commands, helps in the kitchen and picking up toys and is quick to show love and affection to me. He is definitely a momma's boy and wishes the rest of the world would just disappear, so I am trying to enjoy this phase because I know it won't last forever!
Caleb: Caleb is 14 1/2 months old and really becoming his own person. He is very active and his hollow leg seems to be getting bigger each week...this child WILL eat me out of house and home during the teenage years! He loves food and has decided anything on a fork is worthy of eating. Eating with utensils has become a favorite past time and he does quite well with a spoon and fork, all things considered. We are working on drinking from a big cup and getting rid of the sippy cup except when out in public, at playgroups, etc.
His favorite words are: Mama, All Done, Dog, Ball, Dada, Nana (banana), Please (also signs this), and many many more. His favorite sign language is "more food" which he signs all the time! He enjoys being rocked to sleep for naps and bedtime and is my little cuddler when he wakes up, wanting nothing more than to just be held for 10 -15 minutes. I love these moments!
Caleb is big into imitation. He will imitate anything Jacob or I am doing. He loves to dance by stomping his right foot and attempting to snap his fingers. He loves books and anything with animals. Jacob's room is the promised land so any entrance into it is the highlight of his day, especially if he knows Jacob doesn't want him in there. He is very sweet with Jacob, wanting to play with him and laugh with him. But he has also figured out how to be an antagonist and tease Jacob...oh the fun that brings! For the most part, he is very mild tempered, a good sleeper and quite an easy child compared to Jacob. He loves babies so I can't wait to see how he does with #3! Here are a few recent pics!



No comments:
Post a Comment