Friday, February 12, 2010

24 Weeks Pregnant...already?

I had my OB appt this week on Wednesday and everything looks great for Baby #3! The heart rate was in the 150's and the baby was kicking the medical student the whole time, it was kind of funny! I am measuring a little ahead already, so I guess that means another BIG baby! Weight wise, I am right on track. I weigh almost exactly what I did with Caleb at this same point, so I feel good about that! I have never gained more than 25 pounds with either of my pregnancies and don't want to start now, it will be even harder to get to the gym with three kids. I have been walking 16-20 miles per week, so I'm trying to stay in shape.

Dr. Fothergill asked when we wanted to have the baby and we all seemed to agree on May 28th. He will be labor & delivery that day, so it will be easy for him to schedule the c-section! That is only 15 weeks away and I will be holding this precious little one in my arms....hard to believe. The baby is moving ALL the time and I'm really enjoying this stage as I'm not huge yet and can still sleep at night, although those kicks are already starting to wake me up. I am getting a fair amount of heartburn already, so maybe that means another kid with lots of hair! ;-) Each pregnancy has been fun in its own way and while I want another one after this, it could be our last, so I just try to enjoy each day. My diastasis recti is about 5-6 inches separated already, so I'm nervous what that means for recovery. Fothergill assured me they could fix it to some degree after the last c-section and not require another surgery. Guess I'll never have a six pack again...not like I ever did! ;-)

Most of all, I am just thankful for this blessing from God and the gift of life, something so precious and miraculous. I was listening to the radio the other day and finally turned it off because this DJ kept remarking how non-miraculous birth was and how gross the babies were when they came out. It made me so sad because it is nothing short of a miracle. The fact that any of us even survive and come out half way normal is a miracle in and of itself when you consider everything that has to happen in those 40 weeks prior to birth. Life is precious and a truly a gift from God. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for this baby and may God give us the grace to accept whatever His plan for this child is!

No comments: