Dr. Fothergill performed our Ultrasound and spent a very long time showing us everything and explaining all the anatomy. He is a very kind man and I am fortunate to have a doctor that is so protective of me and takes such good care of me. The only cause for concern with this pregnancy is the possible size of the baby and how that will affect my diastasis recti. My abdominal muscles have seperated and didn't go back together after Caleb. It is quite significant and will only get worse with a large baby. If this baby is a boy, I have been told it is not out of the possibility to have a 10 pound baby. This would cause my muscles to split even further and could cause pain further down the road. Unfortunately, the only thing that would fix it would be to have a tummy tuck done after I'm done having children. This isn't even option. I wouldn't have surgery for cosmetic reasons, unless it was medically necessary! I amazed at what we put our bodies thru for our children and yet what a beautiful thing. All the stretched out skin and stretch marks are worth it and my proof of my beautiful babies!
Our c-section is tentatively scheduled for May 28th so we will be meeting this kiddo in 4 1/2 months. I can't wait for Jacob and Caleb to meet their little brother or sister and start our life as a family of five. In the meantime, I will enjoy the easy part of this child's life (inside of me) and treasure each day I have with him/her. We have a lot to do to get ready before this child enters the world! Thank you to all our friends and family for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated!
I have posted some pictures below!
This is looking at the front of the face, to the left of the screen are the eyes and the mouth is partially open.
This is my favorite picture, getting a good look at the baby from the side. He/She is curled up in the fetal position (how appropriate) and facing my back.





No comments:
Post a Comment