Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Big Accomplishment


We got back from Illinois on November 29th and Jacob decided to start climbing out of his crib. At that point, I knew it was time to say goodbye to the crib and convert it to a big boy bed. I was extremely nervous at how he would do, but he really rose to the occasion! He knew that if he got out of his bed, he would get punished. However, I really tried to focus on the positive and praising him for how well he was staying in his bed! He gets to put cotton balls in Baby Jesus' crib after every nap and every morning for staying in his crib....he thinks this is really cool. It is amazing how they take joy in doing some good for someone else! I also treated him to a Buzz Lightyear bedset and he has been so excited to sleep with Buzz and Woody. It has been over a week now and I'm optimistic that this is a change for good. One more thing checked off the list, now I just have to get him potty trained after we get back from parents at the start of next year. I'm so sad that my baby is growing up and yet so proud of him. He really has no choice but to grow up with baby #3 coming in 6 months. He is convinced it is a baby sister...so we shall see if he is correct. ;-)

No comments: