Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Jacobisms

As always, Jacob keeps me on my toes with the things he says and the questions he asks! I try to write them down as we go along because some of them are just too funny!

1. We were standing in line at Hancock Fabrics and Jacob noticed a teenager ahead of us in line dressed in Goth. He said, "Mommy, what is that man for Halloween?" I told him "Oh honey, he is not dressed up for halloween, those are the clothes he wears...trying so hard not to laugh. It is so enlightening to view the world from a 2 year olds perspective!

2. "Mommy, that smoke is not hot" as Jacob felt the steam coming from the sugar snap peas we were eating. I told him that it was not smoke. Smoke only comes from a fire. What you see is steam. So he politely added, "Mommy, where does steam come from?" I couldn't believe that he is already starting to ask questions like that. When I explain things to him he just looks at me, nods and says "Oh, I see". The things he says are a reminder to me of what I say to him.

3. He has been singing the Alleluia from church and saying "Peace be with you and also with you". He loves to walk around the house saying Body of Christ and Blood of Christ. I guess that going to mass really does make an impression on him. It is a good reminder of the presence of Christ!

4. In the morning, Caleb usually wakes up fussing and several times I have heard Jacob yelling from his room "Caleb, you are waking me up. That is NOT nice!"

5. In reference to Caleb he will say "Hey there Big Baby" I think he picked this up from Veggie Tales (Story of Moses) in reference to a large baby but not in a derogatory meaning. He also says "Caleb you are short and fat". Caleb is still a baby to him and not a little boy, which I try to emphasize. He is always impressed when Caleb does big boy things just like him, like drinking from a cup and talking. He will look at me and say "Mommy, Caleb is talking!"

6. Every time he hears a siren he says "Mommy, we must say a prayer for the hurt person". So I encourage him to say his own prayer which is always "Dear Jesus, please help the person who is hurt, the firefighters, the ambulance, doctors and nurses. Amen!"

7. He is doing great with potty training and after each poop, he informs me of the size of it. It is either a baby, mommy or daddy poop!

That is all for now. He talks up a storm and rarely gives me a quiet moment around the house. I love to talk with him and he is always interested in learning new things.


No comments: