Sunday, March 14, 2010

Inspiration as a Mother

One of the Deacon's wives at church recently gave me a CD that her Daughter-In-Law did and it has a couple of really inspiring songs that have touched my heart! Thank you to Carol for this truly amazing gift!

Be There
As I wake up each morning and get ready for work
I pray for lots of love and grace and a simple heart to serve
'Cuz I don't have the kind of job that earns a daily wage
Except the priceless look of joy - I see in my child's face

I'm a manager of discipline, good manners and chores
I'm a lawyer who's just trying to resolve the latest quarrel
The cook who makes free lessons on how to make a bed
But the most important job description I could ever bear
Is a mom who loves her kids enough to simply - be there

I'm quick to stop and catch my breath in the middle of the day
It's a wonder people do this job when they never stop and pray
'Cuz there's no 9 to 5 in this position that I hold
On call around the clock - my title's written in my soul

I'm the fix it man whose there when my child's world falls apart
And the only doctor who can heal their bumps and scrapes and scars
I'm a referee who's got to make sure all the rules are fair
And the coach that sees that everyone gets lots of time to play

But the most important job description I could ever bear
Is a mom who loves her kids enough to simply - be there

When I face you, God in heaven at the evening of my life
I won't take a thing that money here on earth could buy
Stripped of all my honors, my degrees and my awards
As You search me, Lord, I know just what You'll be looking for

The teacher who taught lessons in how to live for You
The counselor who listenend and led them to the truth
The advisor who advised on where true profit will come from
The investor who invested endless hours, endless love

'Cuz the most important job description I could ever bear
Is a mom who loves her kids enough to simply - be there

Find Me
In the stillness, in the middle of the night
My mind is racing with unrealities I am restless,
I am reaching for the past
Searching for someone I used to be

Find me, I'm alone and afraid
And I don't know the way
Find me, all control has slipped away
I don't know who I am
Find me

In the madness, in the middle of the day
My soul is thirsting for some solitude
I am grasping for my life that is in You
And somewhere within me I hear You say

Find Me, stop running away
Start calling out my name
Find Me, in every struggle you embrace
You will find me in their face

Let yourself be lost in your little ones
In your weakness you will find that He is strong
Oh, Let yourself be lost in your little ones
For the life that now consumes you is a noble one

Find Me, by the power of my grace
You will be sustained
Find Me, in the quiet of your heart
You'll discover who you are
If you find Me,
Seek and you will find me

Both of these spoke to me as a mom! The road is hard and sometimes I find myself lost and wondering who I am as a person. I am not the x-ray tech I once was. I'm more than just a wife and a daughter and a sister. I am now a mom and in a few short months I will have three kids, three years and under. Finding my happiness in God and trusting in Him is the only way to survive and be happy through it all! I pray that I continue to seek Him in all His glory and majesty! In Him, my happiness and contentedness lies!

No comments: