Noah is 4 months old today! He is growing and changing so fast. He is smiling, cooing, laughing all the time. His laid back personality has been a blessing in our house. He can roll onto his side, but has no interest in rolling over completely. He is simply content as long as you are talking to him and he can be sitting up and observing his surroundings. He loves to interact with his big brothers. He is a great eater, eating every 2-3 hours and waking me once during the night.
Noah has also started to grab at toys. He loves to bring them to his mouth and gets so excited to have something to play with. He loves to play under his playgym. This afternoon he rotated a full 180 degrees while under it and was grabbing at the toys above!
I have always allowed the boys the first 4 months to sleep and eat whenever they want. I have found from experience, that around 4 months they start to ease into a more ideal schedule. Just in the last week, Noah is taking one long morning nap (1 1/2 hour to 2 hours) and a very long afternoon nap (2 1/2 to 3 hours) and then a short cat nap around dinner time. I swaddle him up, turn on his music maker, insert the paci and he is asleep on his own. I will take the paci from him in a couple of months if he is not sleeping thru the night....I have found that doing the whole cry it out method works best if you take the paci as well. Better to get it all done in one swoop! Noah rarely needs the paci during the day, mostly just for times when I can't get to him right away and I don't want him fussing, church or sometimes in the car. He truly is the happiest baby! We go to the doctor tomorrow for his second round of immunizations. I'm excited to see how big he is!



No comments:
Post a Comment