Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I want to Remember.....

I want to Remember that right now:

Jacob
  • has good manners saying "Please", "Thank-you", "You're Welcome", "I would be happy to do that Mommy" and "I'm Sorry, will you forgive me?"
  • After every meal, he clears his plate, cup and utensils, without being asked
  • favorite color is red, favorite animal is the elephant and favorite number is 3
  • really digs airplanes and firetrucks
  • is very kind to Noah and will go play with him if he is fussing and mommy is busy with Caleb. He does this without mommy asking him to.
  • loves all animals
  • enjoys playing outside at the park, riding his bike and playing t-ball and soccer
  • shares and plays very well with Caleb most of the time
  • recognizes numbers 1-5 (100% of the time) and 6-10 (50% of the time)
  • starting to learn his alphabet
  • enjoys singing songs and making up his own songs
  • still takes a nap (thank goodness!)
  • favorite cookie is an Oreo
  • will ask mommy to pray with him if he needs help getting control
  • obeys mommy and is always my big helper
  • very articulate and not afraid to use some very BIG words

Caleb

  • loves his niney(blanket) and mickey mouse
  • wants to talk so badly but he can't seem to get those words to come out legibly
  • has several hundred words and receptive language is excellent
  • occasionally puts 2 words together, but not very often
  • loves to do whatever Jacob is doing
  • enjoys his airplanes and playing with his animals
  • likes to sing songs with mommy, favorite is "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "2 Little Blackbirds"
  • does well at story time, sitting for parts of it
  • has a great time at the park, loves to climb and jump
  • will eat almost anything I give him, we call him "Chomper"
  • starting to say "love you" if prompted
  • refers to himself in second-person
  • quick to smile and giggle
  • before going to sleep, he loves to have his back rubbed while I sing him "Jesus Loves Me"
  • if upset, easily redirected
  • puts on his crocks without help and likes to undress and dress himself
  • so anxious to be a big boy and yet so cuddly and sweet
  • independent
  • Loves to play with his Imaginext Toys, Farm and trains
  • very sweet to Noah and always ask for him if he is not around
  • loves chocolate and Oreos
  • takes his diaper off when it is too wet and will let me know when he is poopy

Noah

  • quick to smile, giggle and coo
  • his hands are his favorite toy
  • rarely cries, sometimes fusses and only when he is wet/dirty, hungry or tired
  • Loves to be tickled on his belly and around his neck
  • enjoys being gently lifted up in the air and back down, always makes him giggle
  • still gets mommy up 1-2 times per night
  • needs to be around the action, he likes to watch his big brothers and be facing outwards when held
  • loves the bumbo, doesn't like the exersaucer (the noises on it bother him)
  • uses the paci some, but the least out of all my boys
  • he is truly the happiest and easiest going out of all my boys
  • likes to snuggle with mommy in the early morning hours after daddy has gone to bed
  • still sleeps in the bassinet next to mommy because she is not ready to move him to his room
  • puts himself to sleep with the paci and all swaddled up
  • meeting all of the normal developmental milestones for his age
Each boy is a blessing to our family in his own way. I watch them each day and smile at each of their accomplishments and added dimension to our family. Often times, I wish I could bottle up every memory and never forget. Sadly, as the years go on, the memories will fade and that is why I have this blog, so that I can look back on these times and remember how special each of them are to God and to Brian and me. I am so honored that God has given us these children. Raising them to be obedient to Him is not an easy job or one I take lightly. I get one shot to do this, so I'm giving it my all and won't look back with regrets!

"Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6

Needless to say, I'm not posting the things I don't want to remember! ;-)

No comments: