Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Noah is 2 Months Old!

Jacob and Caleb love to play with Noah. They show him all of his baby toys and Noah just smiles and coos at them. Noah is very responsive towards Jacob and will just watch him and smile!

My chunky little man! He is so content!

Caleb and Noah smiling! Caleb loves to put his arm around Noah and he just sits there and smiles. It is truly precious!

Noah trying out the Bumbo Chair.
He lasted about 2 minutes and then he couldn't hold his head up anymore.

One of my favorite pictures of Noah...what a happy little guy!

Noah turned 2 months old and like everything else, the time has flown! I took him to the doctor this afternoon to get checked out. He weighed in at 12 pounds 12 ounces, 23.25 inches long. He is in the 75th percentile for weight and height and 25th percentile for his head size. If he trends like the other two boys, this is the biggest he will ever be and will start to fall down on the growth chart closer to the 25th percentile. But he is his own person, so we shall see!

So here are some things about Noah:

1. Sleep - gets up 1-2 times per night, occasionally three times. He sleeps for a long period in the morning, afternoon and an evening nap. While he still sleeps a lot, he is moving towards three naps a day. I do not push him towards that, I am allowing him to set his own schedule and then I will tweek it from there! He sleeps on his back in the bassinet in our room and will move to his crib around 5-6 months. He loves to be swaddled and sleep in his swing. I have started to put Noah to sleep in his crib during the day just so he gets used to it!

2. Eating - eats every 90 min to 3 hours during the day. At night, he has gone as much as 5 hours. He is a great nurser and I have not had to supplement at all. He nurses in 10 min or less. He does have reflux and is on Zantac for that. He will got into these awful choking episodes and can hardly catch his breath. He has been on it for 3 weeks now and it seems to be helping. He is a slightly spitty baby, maybe 2 feeds per day he spits up.

3. Personality - Noah has such a sweet and mild disposition and this more evident each day. He smiles all the time and coos at me when I talk to him. He can be sitting quite still and then I go over to him, start talking and smiling and he immediately makes eye contact and becomes very responsive...kicking his legs and moving his arms. His smiles come so easily and quite often! I have been working on using the pacifier less and less with him. Unlike the other two boys, he often spits the pacifier back at me and is happy not having it. I use it only initially to get him to sleep and then pull it out, although many times he will fall asleep without it. I also use it for times when I need to keep him happy for 5 min while I finish something up or am in the middle of cooking and just can't hold him. He loves my hotsling and prefers to be held over your shoulder. He does not like to be cradled unless going to sleep and doesn't care to be facing outwards, just looking over our shoulder.

4. Brothers - He has two brothers who adore him. It has been enjoyable watching Jacob dote on him and Caleb quickly follows suit. They are quick to ask to hold him, ask where he is, give hugs and kisses. The only aggression I have seen from them is one day Noah was crying and I was finishing up getting something ready for dinner and couldn't hold him right away. He was crying for no more than 2 minutes and Jacob started growling at him. I thought that was very odd, but better than physical violence. Needless to say, the growling didn't help to soothe him! ;-) Jacob is quick to get me a burp cloth, diaper, wipes, pacifier, whatever I may need. He is a big help! Caleb loves to hug him and give kisses and holds him once a day, but not usually more. He is good with Noah in very small doses.

5. Daddy - Brian is wonderful in trying to help with Noah. He doesn't hesitate to change a diaper or try to soothe him. Unfortunately, Noah prefers me and doesn't tolerate Brian when he is really tired. He will scream for Brian and the minute I take him, he calms right down.

6. Mommy - Mommy is in love with Noah. I'm still in that euphoric, drunk on love high with him. I am so grateful for him. He is such a beautiful baby and a wonderful addition to our family. Since he was a surprise, he is special in his own way. Once again I marvel at God's work and he certainly knew what was best for us. Noah was meant to be a part of our family and I'm grateful for God's wisdom in this matter. I often wondered throughout my pregnancy why God thought we needed Noah and I'm starting to shed some light on that. I truly believe God gave us Noah to keep me busy this year and to add another dimension of love into our family. He is a wonderful distraction and keeps me so busy between the three boys. It is a distraction I need while trying to survive this year in Connecticut. When you are this busy, it is hard to get depressed and my boys need a happy mommy so it all works out. I can't wait to watch the three grow together, play together and develop lifelong relationships with each other. I thank God everyday for these blessings!

No comments: