I have struggled with whether or not I should recount some of the events leading up to our move to CT, but decided against better judgement and will do so! I want to be able to look back on these days and remember some of the details that for the sake of sanity, I know my mind will block out! The first to recall is the May 25th...the day the movers showed up!
That morning I woke the boys up, stopped by HEB to get them some lunchables and a few things for dinner that evening as well as a stop at Shipley's donuts! I headed over to my good friend, Jaime Anderson's house to drop the boys off for the day! So, in addition to bringing the boys for her, I also brought dinner for the night and some donuts for all the boys! I headed back to 4708 Oxford and finished getting things ready before the movers showed up at 9:30 am. They worked until about 1:30pm and then headed for the storage unit. By 3:30pm they were done and ready for me to fill out paperwork and pay them, of course! We ended up paying the moving company $6,600 to get us to CT.
This was a difficult day in many ways. Our A/C unit had been on the fritz so we had turned it off the night before and left it off. It was 85 degrees in the house all day which was quite uncomfortable, though not unbearable. I'm sure the movers felt otherwise! Physically it was difficult being 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and SO big. I was dehydrated and pushed myself too hard! Noah wasn't moving much that day which really had me worried. Once the movers were gone, Brian and I both realized how much work we still had to do at the house to get it clean for closing the following day! I went to pick the boys up about 4:30pm from Jaime's house. They had a great day and I was greeted by Jacob crying for me to leave and come back later.....it made me so happy to know that he had such a good time with Jaime, Luke and Daniel! Caleb was excited to see me and anxious to go. In his own quiet way, he was having a difficult week as his whole world was being turned upside down and getting in some molars...no fun!
I got a call from our Realtor who said the buyers wanted to come by for a final walk-thru before closing. So by the time I got back to the house, the Buyers had just gotten there and were walking thru. They had 2 boys as well and their oldest who was 2 1/2, went back to Jacob's room which was going to be his room. Jacob followed him and I heard the other boy telling him that this was his room. Jacob quickly touted back, "This is MY room!" I quickly removed Jacob and got him distracted! It was difficult seeing the people in person who would move into OUR home that was filled with so many memories for me. It was painful to listen to them discuss all the things they were going to change and redo. And yet, I had to step back and realize that by 10am the following morning, this was no longer our house.
By this point, the boys and I were exhausted and I still wasn't feeling Noah move much. As I headed out to The Cottage (our home for 3 1/2 weeks), I called my mom and melted down. Talking to my mom was exactly what I needed, she helped me put things in perspective, calm down and focus on what was yet to come. My was worried about Noah and once I got into the Cottage, I got the boys dinner, drank a bunch of fluids, cooled off and gave the boys a relaxing bath. They were in bed early and I was able to sit on the couch and just relax. By that point, Noah started moving more and I felt more relaxed! Brian stayed at the house until Journal Club which was at 6:30pm. He went back to the house around 9pm and started cleaning and getting all the boxes out of the house! He didn't get to The Cottage until 1:30 am, took a shower and hit the sack until he left at 5:3o am that morning for a full day at work. I am SO appreciative of Brian that evening, because there was no way physically I could have done what he did. The house was immaculate!
We survived moving day and though it was hard, it was just another milestone in our lives! My only hope is that the move next year is a little easier!
Our bedroom...packed and ready to go!
Jacob's Room
Caleb's Room
The Living Room
Living Room

Couches and dining room chairs all wrapped up!

This was all the stuff that we needed to keep with us and was going to have to fit in both our vehicles...let's just say it barely fit by the grace of God. Though Brian had to make several trips to the Cottage to get it all!
WOW...we have a lot of stuff!
Watching our belongings get loaded onto an unmarked truck...yes this did make me a little nervous!



No comments:
Post a Comment