Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Noah - 6 Weeks

He truly is Mr. Adorable

Mommy and Noah..on our way to church!

Look how big I am!

Mommy almost caught my smile on camera!

He loves to watch his mobile!

Noah is 6 1/2 weeks already and the first 6 weeks of his life could not have been much crazier! He is doing wonderful and very healthy! I took him to the doctor's last week because of some jaundice issues and he weighed in at just over 11 pounds. He has breastmilk jaundice and his bilis were 6.7 by heel stick. Hopefully those numbers will drop in the next month. He also has some reflux that is causing some horrible choking episodes. He doesn't spit up much, but the choking scares me because he can hardly breathe until he clears the milk. He never turns purple, but it is still scary to watch. So, the pedi put him on Zantac and we'll give it 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference. Other than that, he is so mild tempered and such a joy to have around. He is very calm and really only fusses when he is hungry. When hungry, he starts to fuss, not even scream and will fuss until you pick him up. Once you pick him up, he calms right down and waits patiently for me to get ready for him to latch on. He is a great nurser, eats in 10 min or less and then is satisfied. He makes this adorable cooing noise while he nurses and has started to look at me when he nurses. His smiles have really picked up in the last couple of days so I have been enjoying that. He is such a happy little guy and what a wonderful addition to our lives. He gets a little needy in the evenings around 7:3o pm and and as long as you hold him, he is happy! Once I put the boys down for bed at 8:30pm, I snuggle up with Noah on the couch. I have a million and one things to do but nothing is more important than my snuggle time with the little guy. Those are memories I will cherish always and forever!

At 6 weeks he is starting to have more and more awake time and really responds when you talk to him. He smiles and coos and will really focus on your face. He adores his big brothers and just gazes at them, partly in awe and probably mostly in shock! ;-)

Noah was never a part of our plan, but God's plan. How thankful I am that God knows better than I do. While his addition in our lives has created more work and stress, his presence is a blessing we could not have imagined! It is crazy to think that these three boys are three consecutive eggs, it really has been since June 2006 since I have had a period. I thank God every day for my three healthy boys and despite the stress, I am such a blessed mommy and wife!

No comments: