Thursday, November 18, 2010

Caleb is 2 years old

My 2nd baby is 2 years old today! I can remember the morning we went in for his birth like it was yesterday! I was so nervous about my 2nd c-section, but everything went perfectly. Within 1 hour and 21 min of arriving at S&W, we welcomed Caleb Andrew into the world at 8:21 am!

Caleb has brought a whole new dimension to our family and has changed us all for the good! Brian has been able to bond with Caleb in a way that he never did with Jacob. Up until a couple of months ago, Caleb was quick to go to Brian and sometimes preferred him over me. Currently, mommy is the only person Caleb wants. This is probably a result of how much Brian is working.

Because of Caleb, Jacob has learned to share not only mommy, but also his toys and belongings. He has an instant playmate every day. Jacob was quite aggressive towards Caleb the first 6 months of his life, but that has turned into more patience and kindness being directed at Caleb. Jacob has had many instances of practicing those virtues!

Caleb has taught me that with each child, your heart expands exponentially with love. I have learned that you can love a child differently without preferring one over the other. Caleb has always had such a mild temperament and a joyful smile. His little face lights up the room and my life. He is quiet and will play contentedly by himself for a long time. Caleb is patient and loves to manipulate small toys in his hands, trying to get them to work the way he envisions them working. He has such a sweet personality and it is fun to see his excitement for new adventures in life. Being able to relive childhood thru your children is one of the many gifts of parenthood!

Some new things Caleb is doing:
  • says "wuv wooh" (love you)
  • says "tank tu" (Thank you) without being prompted
  • can do 25 piece puzzles by himself
  • would do puzzles all day if I let him
  • likes Super Why and Dinosaur Train on PBS
  • enjoys "Finding Nemo" and "Toy Story"
  • loves to eat and will eat just about anything
  • carb loader - he loves fruit bars, goldfish, any bread!
  • learning to count and knows a few colors
  • insists on mommy rocking him to sleep each night while I sing "Jesus loves me"
Some days I feel like I don't really know Caleb, even though I know him better than anyone else. I think some of this is because of his lack of communication. I think he is aware that he cannot speak clearly and that people don't understand him. As a result, he doesn't speak a lot. However, it doesn't seem to affect him as he is not frustrated or upset about it. His needs are being met and I enjoy the moments that he does speak and I get insight into his little world!

Happy Birthday my sweet, sweet Caleb! We love you and are so thankful to God that He gave you to us! Below are some pictures that chronicle his birthday!

Caleb waking up to mommy singing him "Happy Birthday!"

Jacob wanted to sing to him, but he got shy and hid in the bathroom.
So we sang to him while he was in the bathroom.

Every morning, Caleb has to haul his nineys (blankets) down the stairs.
Once they are downstairs, he forgets about them.

I don't get many pics where all three boys are looking at the camera and smiling!
They are so cute, sometimes I wonder how they could possibly be mine. ;-)

Caleb and I with his Elmo cake!

Caleb blowing out the candles!

Caleb was a little shy to blow them out.

Hanging out on a beanbag with Jacob.
We went to Prescious Preschoolers that morning!

Chillin'

The boys enjoyed their new towels from Jaime!

Caleb with his new shirt from Jaime!

I'm 2

Noah and Caleb

Time to open presents!

Opening his presents

Caleb and all his presents!

No comments: