Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!! We all celebrated New Year's happily asleep in our beds this year! It seems that sleep around here, except for Jacob, is a premium. Jacob gets his 12 1/2 hours at night (7pm to 7:30am) and then a nap each day for 3 - 3 1/2 hours (12:30pm to 3:30 or 4pm)....for a total of 15 - 16 hours of sleep each day...lucky dog! Brian gets fairly good sleep...at least he doesn't have to get up with Caleb, but he is up and out of the house by 5:30 am at the latest every morning. That leaves Caleb and I......lets just say that up until 2 days ago, we were getting up every 2 hours. Now it is being pushed back to every 3 hours some nights! ;-) What can I say....we like to eat and watch TV at ALL hours of the night!

Matching Brothers! Caleb looks scared to death...like "Oh Mom...please don't leave me with Jacob! Have you seen how rough my big brother is?? I may not make it out alive!"
Jacob helping Daddy wash Caleb's hair. We really try to give Jacob ownership of his little brother and make him feel like he is an integral part of taking care of Caleb. It seems to ward off some jealousy if he feels involved!

We just recently started doing tummy time and Caleb does great with it. Unlike Jacob who tolerated it for 30 seconds at best, Caleb seems very content no matter what he is doing! I hope that bodes well for what is to come!

Mommy and Caleb enjoying some time together while Jacob naps!

"See Mom....I can REALLY hold it up!"

No comments: