Well, we have finally joined the ranks of millions of minivan owners! After almost 4 years of marriage, Brian and I purchased our first vehicle together.....a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L with DVD and Navigation. We are very excited about our new purchase, Brian's first Honda and my 4th! What can I say??? I love them!!!! We were slowly becoming crowded in the Pontiac Vibe and with an expanding family(although the expanding belly seems more obtrusive) this only seemed like the next step! I spent about 4 hours at the dealership today hashing it out with the salesman and manager while Brian worked fervently in the OR. We got a deal far better than we expected, in fact, too good to walk away! Jacob and Daddy tried out the DVD player while we drove back to Killeen to sign the final paperwork. Although Jacob isn't allowed to watch TV or movies, an exception can be made in the car and he seemed to enjoy Winnie the Pooh! This is one of those times when desperation in keeping him happy far outweighs any rules.
I must say it was rather depressing driving the van off the lot, watching the odometer creep up, knowing that the car had just depreciated several thousand dollars! ;-( On the other hand, it felt surreal and exciting. We anticipate many FUN family vacations and good memories to be made in that car in the years to come! We can't wait for baby #2 to join Jacob in the second row so they can entertain each other!



No comments:
Post a Comment