Friday, May 15, 2009

Jacob

So I feel kind of guilty because I realized that I'm posting all these pics of Caleb and not as many of Jacob. I started thinking about why I have fewer of Jacob and I realized it is because he has become quite stubborn when it comes to the camera. He sees it coming out and immediately turns away or gets VERY serious! ;-) Little stinker!

Speaking of Jacob...he has changed so much in the last couple of months. He talks so well and so clearly, putting 4 and 5 words together in a sentence. I lost track of the number of words that he has 6 months ago! He can count to 10 although he always skips 3 and 4. Today actually, he told me "Mommy teach Jacob letters" so I guess we will start learning letters. I'm in no hurry, but if he asks, I won't turn him away. He has known all of his colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, white, black and gray) for at least 6 weeks now. I think that it helps that he in a preschool class with kids who are at least 6 months older than him.

Jacob is totally ready to potty train and has been for almost a month now. We are going to SeaWorld next weekend and we will take a break from the preschool after Memorial Day, so I'm going to stay in the house for several days, take away the diapers and get him potty trained! I'm really excited to do it, but a little nervous about it all. I think it will be a good time to do it though and it will save money. Although it is kind of funny, Caleb and Jacob are in the same size diapers, size 3 Huggies. Jacob is so skinny and Caleb is just well fed!

Tonight we were reading one of my Usborne books (the best books in the world, really!) and we were pretending to be astronauts. We had quite the time "moon walking" all over the living room. I had already put Caleb to bed and it was so nice to have that time with him. I really cherish the moments that I have alone with each of the boys. They both give me so much joy!

Enjoy the pics!


Caleb has recently started drinking water from his cup. He LOVES it! He refuses to eat cereal or green beans or carrots, but loves to chew on the cup. I decided I'm never going to introduce the bottle to Caleb, because then I won't have to take it away. He seems to drink fine out of that cup, so why not put breastmilk it in when necessary. To date, he's only had 2 bottles, so not like he is away from me much!


Jacob has really become attached to this particular Pooh bear. He takes him everywhere and has Pooh watch him play, eat meals at the table with Jacob and do many different things. He can't go to bed without this Pooh bear and his "niney" (blanket - niney is short for night night).

Jacob loves his thistle blocks....we build car washes, airplanes and houses!


Caleb laughing and playing! It takes so little to get him giggling. He loves to reach out and grab my face and recently started holding onto my hair with a death grip.


Caleb just started playing with the balls to this toy, although he hasn't figured out how to put the balls in the holes. I imagine in a month or so he will have that coordination!

No comments: